We are an award winning, fully licensed tour guiding service based out of Rotorua. Our company has been operating now for 23 years and our local tour guides have many years of experience guiding international visitors around our unique environment. We ensure a safe, comfortable and informative tour of New Zealand’s ecology and culture.
Here at Elite Adventures we pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and our reviews on sites like Tripadvisor reflect our commitment to our customers. Recently Elite Adventures sponsored a youth award called One Chance, encouraging our youth to join the workforce.
Elite Adventures’ local guides have in-depth knowledge about the flora, fauna, geothermal and volcanic activity, Maori culture and history which makes your tour to Rotorua an unforgettable experience!
Trent Neilson the Director has been involved in the tourism industry since he was very young. Working for many tourism based companies growing up around Rotorua, Trent started Elite Adventures in September 2000. Elite Adventures is now a multi award-winning company employing local Maori, supporting local businesses and sponsoring young locals to succeed!
Brian Winiata-Katting recently joined our team in March 2017. He is of local Tuhourangi Maori descent with connections through the area and industry. In 2017 Brian graduated from the University of Waikato with a Bachelor Tourism Management, majoring in Tourism Development and a Graduate Certificate in History . He brings an extraordinary wealth of knowledge and great sense of humour which the visitors love!
Linda Porter joined us in September 2017. Linda is a local lady who enjoys guiding and driving around her wonderful backyard. Linda is professional and ensures her guest have a wonderful day out with Elite Adventures.
Kay Mcgregor also joined us in September 2017. Kay brings a wealth of enthusiasm and knowledge to the guiding team here at Elite Adventures.
Blake Cocoran is the newest member to our team joining us in 2023. Blake brings a wealth of forestry and farming knowledge as well as an infectious personality.
Elite Adventures also has a handful of contract drivers who are on stand bye and ready to deliver the elite services we provide. Our contract drivers come from a variety of different backgrounds extending from teaching to council workers.
Discover Rotorua with Elite Adventures
Embark on unforgettable experiences with our diverse range of tours, including:
Discover Rotorua’s unique geothermal offerings on one of our informative and interactive eco-thermal tours.
- Eco Thermal Morning Tour: Explore vibrant hot springs, erupting geysers, boiling mud pools, volcanoes, and lush native forests.
- Eco-Thermal Full-Day Tour: Immerse yourself in a full-day journey by combining the morning and afternoon tours.
Join us for what’s arguably the best Māori cultural shows available in New Zealand and step into a time gone by., rich with heritage and tribal traditions.
- Cultural Eco Tour Full Day Tour: Combine the morning Eco Thermal Tour with an afternoon of Elite Cultural exploration.
- Elite-Cultural Afternoon Tour: Dive into Maori culture with visits to settlement sites and living villages during the afternoon.
- The Tribal Footprints Tour: Uncover the rich stories of the local Maori tribe, Tuhourangi.
Exclusive and Private Tours
- Enjoy a personalised cultural or thermal hot spring tour experience with your own local guide/driver for a half or full-day tour.
What to know more? See our FAQS page for more information on any of our adventure tourism tours.